Fans of classic computers are not ones to let little things like “legality” and the fact that a port of a game already exists on a platform stop them from porting games to retro platforms. The Amiga CD32 received an official port of Cannon Fodder from Sensible Software years ago but recently, fans have repeated said work with some modifications that make the game more accessible to more gamers.
The official port of Cannon Fodder required an expensive Full Motion Video (FMV) add-on module (all the rage for CD-ROM gaming platforms prior to the Playstation). This fan made port does not require the FMV module for gamers to enjoy the FMV introduction that Sensible Software included.
Other than that little change, this is just like the official port. This was achieved by converting the introduction to a new format that is playable on all Amiga CD32 systems.
Source: Indie Retro News
- Bandit Gaming- SuperTed Comes to the Commodore Amiga, Brings Along Friends (50%)
- Retro Sales For Friday January 31st, 2014 (48.3%)
- New Game: Updated Z- The Game Now Available on Steam (24.9%)
- New Game: Z Steel Soldiers Updated and Now Available on Steam and Nvidia Tegra Android (24.5%)
- Bionic Commando Finally Available in English, Uncensored (24.2%)
- Kickstarter- STRAFE Looks to Return First Person Shooters to the Mid 90’s, and You Are Going to Love It (RANDOM - 0.1%)