Okay, I admit, I have been on a Kickstarter news update kick lately (as evidenced here) but that is because these are some great looking games that I would like to see funded. I also think that there are more than a couple of our readers that would like to see these games funded too. GunWorld is another one of those unique titles that looks worthy of being funded. If you miss the days of the Nintendo Entertainment System and the artstyle of that era, GunWorld is for you. There is a demo available on the Kickstarter page.
The developer, M07Games, are going for as authentic a NES style as possible down to using the similar limitations as the Nintendo workhorse represented. What that means is, don’t expect 4K quality graphics that look real, this is a retro themed title down to the enemies and level design.
The story goes something like this. Guns grow on trees. An alien vessel crashes onto the planet and throws the eco system out of whack. You are tasked with restoring order. Wild, irreverent and unique are some good ways to describe GunWorld. M07Games have even gone retro with their trailer:
They have gone to great lengths to make the trailer seem like it is straight off of a VHS tape. For those that do not know what a VHS tape is, it is the NES of physical video media.
Source: Indie Retro News
- Contra III: The Alien Wars Leaps onto the SNES- Today in History: April 6th, 1992 (44.9%)
- Retro Game Sales for April 19th, 2014 (33.8%)
- Kickstarting 8-Bit Action Adventures with Insanity's Blade from Casual Bit Games (21.3%)
- New Game: Flying Hamster II For Windows (15.2%)
- New Game: Star Keeper For NES Announced (14.4%)
- Metal Slug Brings Super Detailed Sprite Art to Arcades: Today in History- April 19th, 1996 (RANDOM - 2.2%)