Anyone that has done any real amount of research into the early days of gaming will, at least, have heard something about a game called Death Race. Death Race was very controversial back in the late 70’s. Exidy only created 500, or so, cabinets which makes the arcade unit quite a collector’s item.
For those not in the know about Death Race, you drive a car and run people over (in the arcade they were called “gremlins”). Whenever you run over a “gremlin” they are replaced with a tombstone on the screen. The challenge comes in as the screen gets more crowded with tombstones which require you to avoid them to run over more gremlins.
The Magnavox Odyssey 2 is not that well represented within the homebrew/indie scene so it is interesting to see a new title. Download link available at Atari Age.
- New Game: Wildlife Comes to the Odyssey 2 Console (40.8%)
- Bandit Gaming: Hard Drivin' Finally Released on NES in Beta Form (21.8%)
- Shining Empire Fails Kickstarter Funding, Vows to Try Again (19.9%)
- Update: Spunky's Super Car for Colecovision Receives New Trailer (15.2%)
- Flash Cartridge for Mattel Intellivision Coming (13.4%)
- Super Thunder Blade Pits You Against Guerilla Warfare Enemies on Sega Genesis - Today in History - August 14, 1989 (RANDOM - 1.1%)