Anyone that has done any real amount of research into the early days of gaming will, at least, have heard something about a game called Death Race. Death Race was very controversial back in the late 70’s. Exidy only created 500, or so, cabinets which makes the arcade unit quite a collector’s item.
For those not in the know about Death Race, you drive a car and run people over (in the arcade they were called “gremlins”). Whenever you run over a “gremlin” they are replaced with a tombstone on the screen. The challenge comes in as the screen gets more crowded with tombstones which require you to avoid them to run over more gremlins.
The Magnavox Odyssey 2 is not that well represented within the homebrew/indie scene so it is interesting to see a new title. Download link available at Atari Age.
- New Game: Chief Chef for the Odyssey 2 Released for Free (25.8%)
- New Game: Wildlife Comes to the Odyssey 2 Console (24.3%)
- Bandit Gaming: Hard Drivin' Finally Released on NES in Beta Form (18.6%)
- Greenlight- Vektor Prix Currently Seeking Help with Steam Release (18.4%)
- Shining Empire Fails Kickstarter Funding, Vows to Try Again (17.5%)
- Ralph Baer, The Father of Video Games, Passes Away at 92 Years Old, Interview Reposted (RANDOM - 0.1%)