The Mattel Intellivision was not exactly a household name when it was new, certainly not now, but that has not stopped indie developer, Left Turn Only, from creating a flash cart for the console. The kicker is, this flash cart is big enough, 32 megs, to hold the ENTIRE Mattel Intellivision library of games.
The Left Turn Only flash cart has the following features:
1MB RAM, organized as 512K x 16 bits. Fully available to new games via bank switching.
32MB on board flash. No need to open the cartridge to change an SD card.
High speed USB 2.0 serial connection. Supports speeds up to 1Mbit/sec. Serial port available to new game software.
Intuitive Windows and Macintosh graphics user interface.
Field upgradable. When new features become available, an upgrade is a click away.
JLP Flash support. Games can save up to 192K bytes of information in the on-board flash.
JLP Acceleration support. Gives new game writers an edge.
The Mattel Intellivision flash cart is currently in production and will be available soon.
- Hardware: Flash Cart for Sega Saturn In Development (51.9%)
- Online Multiplayer Comes to Sega Genesis and Mega Drive via Mega Everdrive (51.1%)
- New Game: Princess Quest Ported to the Mattel Intellivision, Release Imminent (47.1%)
- Game Release- Flapee Bird Released on Intellivision by Collectorvision (47.1%)
- Boulder Dash Finally Sees Light of Day on Mattel Intellivision (47.1%)
- New Game: Fanwor for Sega Dreamcast Released (RANDOM - 2.2%)