2048 is quickly becoming the Flappy Bird of puzzle games in the last couple of months. 2048 was recently ported to the Nintendo Entertainment System and now I am reporting on the Sega Genesis port by Oerg866. If you are not familiar with 2048, it is pretty simple. Sliding and combinging tiles with different numbers creates tiles with new, higher, numbers. The object is to reach 2,048 on a tile. Simple, yes. Addictive, yes. Easy, don’t bet your gaming collection on it.
The Sega Genesis did not receive a lot of puzzle games, partly due to Sega getting shafted in the whole Tetris fiasco. The Genesis is known more for the fast, arcade, action games that were popular for the time. 2048 is a newer release that should make Genesis owners happy since it will run on actual hardware.
- New Game: 2048 For Nintendo Entertainment System Released (79.6%)
- Retro Sales Roundup (updated) (10.1%)
- New Game: Flappy Bird to Infuriate Nintendo NES Gamers (10.1%)
- New Game: Flappy Bird on the Nintendo Game Boy (10.1%)
- New Game: X=Y=Z Brings Bloxorz Style Block Rolling to the ZX Spectrum (10.1%)
- Bandit Gaming- Legend of Zelda - The Last Oracle In Development (RANDOM - 1%)