2048 is quickly becoming the Flappy Bird of puzzle games in the last couple of months. 2048 was recently ported to the Nintendo Entertainment System and now I am reporting on the Sega Genesis port by Oerg866. If you are not familiar with 2048, it is pretty simple. Sliding and combinging tiles with different numbers creates tiles with new, higher, numbers. The object is to reach 2,048 on a tile. Simple, yes. Addictive, yes. Easy, don’t bet your gaming collection on it.
The Sega Genesis did not receive a lot of puzzle games, partly due to Sega getting shafted in the whole Tetris fiasco. The Genesis is known more for the fast, arcade, action games that were popular for the time. 2048 is a newer release that should make Genesis owners happy since it will run on actual hardware.
- New Game: 2048 For Nintendo Entertainment System Released (68.3%)
- Garoudan is Choplifter in Reverse Work in Progress for Sega Genesis (22.5%)
- Mega Marble World Brings Top Down Marble Puzzle Action to Sega Genesis (22.5%)
- Retro Sales Roundup (updated) (5.2%)
- Three Titles That Should Have Been Launch Titles on Nintendo's 3DS (4.9%)
- Shinseiki Evangelion: Koutetsu no Girlfriend Special Edition Now Available in English (RANDOM - 0.1%)