For anyone that does not know, Super Smash Bros Crusade is an independent, fan made, game based on the Super Smash Brothers line of games from Nintendo. For fans, this means more characters that Nintendo may not have in their official game (Phoenix Wright being one I see) and levels that probably won’t be in the official game such as Ryu’s stage from Street Fighter II and Green Hill Zone from Sonic the Hedgehog being a couple that stand out.
The developers behind Super Smash Bros Crusade are currently asking for fans to pick their favorite characters for consideration for a future update. The list of potential characters is quite long and runs the gamut of gaming, not just Nintendo characters either.
Some standouts include:
Toon Link- no mention as to who this is, could it be the cartoon link from the short lived Zelda cartoon?
Mach Rider- who is a car I believe, is this going the route of Fighter’s Megamix on Sega Saturn?
Ristar- he could give Dhalsim from Street Fighter II a run for his money and put the hurt on opponents from a distance better than Scorpion could in the Mortal Kombat series.
Bomberman- come on, who wouldn’t want to play as this guy?
Ryu, Evil Ryu, Chun-Li- fighting characters that have not been in a cross company, cross promotion fighting game? Let’s fix that.
Rayman- I can see this guy being a good joke character that has some serious pain for unsuspecting opponents.
There are plenty of other characters on the list so check out SurveyMonkey.com and cast your vote.
Super Smash Bros Crusade is available on Game Jolt.
The official website is available here.
- Is Street Fighter V Set to Become a Game Changer Like Street Fighter II? (23.7%)
- OpenBOR: Avengers: United Battle Continues Development (20.2%)
- New Game: Sonic 2 HD Re-Instated by Unofficial Team (15.4%)
- New Game: Super Tank Wars Coming to PC, Steam, Desura and Linux (13.6%)
- Retro Game Sales for April 19th, 2014 (11.9%)
- New Game: Ghost Control Inc Now Available for Linux, Mac and Windows (RANDOM - 0.2%)