If you have played Cave Story and enjoyed it, you should check out Momodora III. To say this game is a Metroidvania style game would be a minomer for the genre that this game belongs to. Momodora III does feature sprawling levels, melee combat and a gripping storyline which will keep you interested in finding out what is next.
The graphics of Momodora III are around the era of the Super Nintendo in style while the soundtrack in the video below seems to have come from the Turbo Grafx-16 side of that same era. Momodora III features six levels and one secret stage, customizing items and a manual difficulty option. Cave Story, or Metroidvania fans, here is another game that is worth your time and money.
The first two Momodora games (plus a short earlier title) are available for “name your own price” right now. Please support developers like this if they make games you are into. They are supporting a platform that, probably, has a higher piracy rate than anything else out there (Android included).
Source: Retro Game Network
- Review: Cave Story for Sony PSP (46.1%)
- New Game: The Mad Wizard- A Candelabra Chronicle Announced (27.9%)
- Unreleased: Overstorm for the Game Boy Advance Found (25.7%)
- New Game: The Waste Land Brings Ghouls n Ghosts Bosses to Castlevania Looking Metroid Styled Levels (24.6%)
- Hack Slash Loot Coming to the Atari Lynx (24.5%)
- Retro Gaming Sales for May 10th, 2014 Weekend (RANDOM - 1%)