Piko Interactive are known for their classic releases on the Super Nintendo and with enough help, they are looking to expand to Steam. The first title that is scheduled to go up on Steam, if it passes Steam Greenlight, is Super Noah’s Ark 3D- a Super Nintendo title that was thought to be lost to the general public and only available to wealthy collectors.
“It’s been a long journey. In just a few days, the ark doors will open and Noah, his family & the animals will be back on dry land. But the animals have become a bit restless and are out of their cages. Camels, giraffes, monkeys, kangaroos and more are wandering throughout the corridors of the ark. As Noah, it’s your job to regain order & get the animals to sleep until you leave the ark. Your only tool to accomplish this is the food you brought aboard the ark. Can it be done? You bet! But how?”
Originally released by Wisdom Tree in 1994, Super Noah’s Ark 3D is a reworking of Wolfenstein 3D (a title that did get released on the Super Nintendo and a ton of other platforms). Everything is different here, no longer are you fighting Nazis in war torn Germany but now you are trying to calm down the animals on Noah’s Ark. You calm down the animals by shooting food, via a slingshot, into their mouths which makes them goto sleep for some reason.
Piko Interactive are not just looking to port the SNES classic to Steam. No, instead they are working on an HD version that will be released to PC gamers. If the Steam Greenlight campaign is successful, Super Noah’s Ark 3D HD could be on Steam between November and December of this year.
- Super 3D Noah's Ark Re-Released on Cartridge by Fans (Minus Crazy License Bypass Methods) (50.7%)
- Wolfenstein 3D Headed to Sega Genesis (43%)
- Bandit Gaming: Super Wolfenstein 3D Brings Ragdoll Physics to id Software Classic (41.5%)
- New Game: Duke Nukem 3D to be Released by Piko Interactive on Sega Genesis (21.7%)
- New Mod: Brutal Doom V20 Adds Many Modern Niceties to the Classic Doom Game (18.8%)
- Prototype: Frog Dude for Sega Genesis/Mega Drive Released by Developer (RANDOM - 1.1%)