The Sega Dreamcast has been popular over the last several years with big name releases hitting the dead Sega console. The problem that most of these games have is that they share the same genre, scrolling shooters, and that can be a turn off for gamers looking for just a little more variety in the types of games released. Fanwor is definitely not a scrolling shooter, it is more akin to The Legend of Zelda on the Nintendo Entertainment System from Nintendo.
Fanwor originally was intended for the Atari line of computers which was entered into a contest called Magic Game Programming Contest that was held in 1999. The developer has since reworked the code into Unix compatible format using SDL for graphics.
Source: Dreamcast News
- Hardware Hack: Working Dreamcast Hard Drive (63.4%)
- Hardware Hack: Sega Dreamcast Gets USB Mass Storage Option (63.4%)
- New Game: Lenna's Inception for PC Enters Early Access Status (26.2%)
- Bandit Gaming- Legend of Zelda - The Last Oracle In Development (25.4%)
- New Game: The Mad Wizard- A Candelabra Chronicle Announced (22.8%)
- Prototype: Parody World: Monster Party Protoype Purchased, ROM Released and Repros on the Way (RANDOM - 5%)