Retro games are our bread and butter around here at Retro Gaming Magazine and new ones are sometimes harder to find than rooster teeth. Here lately though, information on new games is picking up and the games are interesting, not just drivel being pushed. One such interesting project is a reboot of Simply Magic, a Sinclair classic but for modern platforms.
Programmed by Colin Jones- the main programmer of the original- Slightly Magic will keep the original look and sounds. What will change with this reboot is that limitations of the Sinclair are no longer a concern so Colin can advance Slightly Magic farther than possible on the original hardware.
Slightly Magic by Colin Jones
Platform: PC, Mac, Linux, Mobile and tablets
Genre: 2D Side scrolling action platforming
Available July 7th, 2014 at SlightlyMagic.uk
Source: Indie Retro News
- Today in History: November 14th, 1996- Lara Croft Begins Spelunking in Tomb Raider (43.1%)
- New Game: Kirby and the Rainbow Curse Coming to Nintendo Wii U (28%)
- Review: Mig 2D Retro Shooter on Android Using the JXD S7300 (27.7%)
- New Game- Zombi Terror Brings The Walking Dead Adventuring to Classic Computers (16.3%)
- New Game: Pandemic Brings Gauntlet Style Dual Stick Shooting to the Sinclair ZX81 (13.9%)
- Alex Kidd Tribute Released on the ZX Spectrum Called Axel K and the Lost Bills (RANDOM - 2.7%)