We covered the Sharp X68000 in our second issue of Retro Gaming Magazine where it was featured alongside a handful of great titles worth grabbing. Had Illumination Laser been availalable at the time, it would definitely have made the list of must own/play games for Sharp’s gaming computer. Illumination Laser is an overhead scrolling shooter much like Sky Force 2014 and Mig2D, where you are tasked with pretty much eliminating anything that enters the screen.
The interesting thing about Illumination Laser is the graphics. This was one of the most powerful gaming computers of the time but still, these graphics would have blown away gamers in the early 90’s had this game been released around that time. I say “around that time” because there is precious little information about Illumination Laser available on the Internet. About all we know about it is from the gameplay video that was made available on Youtube.
Fans of overhead scrolling shooters will want to check out Illumination Laser on the Sharp X68000.
- Thunder Force II Brings Arcade Quality Scrolling Shooter Action to Sega Genesis - Today in History - August 14, 1989 (54.9%)
- Review: Sky Force 2014 on Android (45.6%)
- Today in History: April 3rd, 1993- Final Fight Punches onto the Sega CD (20%)
- New Game: Twin Tiger Shark for Windows Released (15.5%)
- Review: Retroships on Android (15.2%)
- New Game: Sega Master System Brawl Released for Sega Genesis (RANDOM - 0.5%)