It is no secret that Out of This World/Another World was a unique game. The creative use of polygons helped convey a very cinematic feel that was simply not matched by any other games at the time, arguably since. Why it has taken so long for anyone to make a short film based on this game is beyond comprehension but it has been done and it rocks.
Thanks to, obviously a huge, fan Bartek Hlawka who resides in Poland, what was once known as “Project 23” has been released and it is a short film based on Out of This World/Another World. This is the product of over 800 hours of work and endless dedication to an awesome game. Check the movie out below.
For the making of, info on the crew and behind the scenes pics of the studio head over to www.anotherworld-themovie.com
Thanks to Indie Retro News for bringing this to our attention.
- Revenge of the License: Parasite Eve (54.4%)
- Virtua Fighter brings Fighting to 3D Polygon Games: Today in History- May 11th, 1995 (28.4%)
- New Game: Wonder Boy to Make Return to Gaming in 2015 (28.4%)
- Guile’s Theme Goes with Vinyl and CD as Street Fighter II Music Hits Retro Music Formats (27.2%)
- New Game: Five Nights At Freddy's Shows Full Motion Video is Not Dead (13.9%)
- Today in History: October 16th, 1992- Atomic Runner Treads on Sega Genesis (RANDOM - 1.7%)