New adventure games are a rare event today. This once great genre has fallen to the wayside of gaming, at least with the major game publishers. This delegation to the back burner by the “big boys” has opened the door for indie developers to shine. Take the Samaritan Paradox for Windows for example, this game has over 2,000+ lines of spoken English voice overs, hand drawn graphics/animation and over 60 rooms to explore.
The Samaritan Paradox is set in Sweden sometime in the 80’s. Since this is an adventure title you are probably wondering, what kind of adventure. The Samaritan Paradox is a classic point and click adventure like the King’s Quest and Police Quest series of games. Seirra and LucasArts fans will love this indie title.
The Samaritan Paradox by Faravid Interactive
Available now at the Samaritan Paradox website
- New Game: Inherit the Earth Released for the Commodore Amiga CD32 (65.9%)
- New Game: Highway Tears Brings Law and Order Style Referencing of Real Events to Adventure Gaming (65.3%)
- New Game: Heroine's Quest Reminds Us of Great Games of Yesteryear (39%)
- New Game: Claire, A 2D Side Scrolling Horror Title for PC (23.9%)
- New Game- Super Cyborg on Desura, Looking to Bring Contra Style Action to Steam Also (22.9%)
- Today in History: November 21st, 1995: Wipeout Glides onto Playstation One Showing Off 3D Gaming (RANDOM - 1%)