The Nintendo 3DS is becoming the hand held to own for retro fans thanks greatly to the Virtual Console. Updates of the classics is a solid business strategy that some companies are taking advantage of, such as Starfish SD and their publishing of Mebius Games’ update of Steel Empire.
Steel Empire was originally a Sega Genesis title (1992) and then became a Nintendo Game Boy Advance port (2004) now, it is being worked on for the Nintendo 3DS. So far all that is apparent with this port is added 3D depth, some 3D effects and use of the second screen for all of the niceties (health, score, level, etc).
No word on the chance of this coming to North America. Check out the official website.
- New Game: The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask is Coming to the Nintendo 3DS This Spring (61.9%)
- Book- Hardcore Gaming 101's Castlevania Compendium Now Available (52.2%)
- Unreleased: Overstorm for the Game Boy Advance Found (33.9%)
- Bandit Gaming: Resident Evil 2 GBA Tech Demo Released (31.6%)
- Three Titles That Should Have Been Launch Titles on Nintendo's 3DS (31.6%)
- Boulder Dash Finally Sees Light of Day on Mattel Intellivision (RANDOM - 0.7%)