Point and click adventure games once ruled the roost with PC gamers, even seeing some of the better ones hit consoles. Over the years, this genre has lost its fanfare and fallen to the wayside with gamers. Indie developers are keen to keeping the flame alive though and Gods Will Be Watching is an interesting release in this genre. Purposefully using blocky graphics to emulate the look and feel of classic games is nothing new, but the content presented here is definitely unique to what gamers are used to. Mature content ahead is an understatement.
To say this is the Grand Theft Auto for point and click adventure games is not quite right, there have been plenty of other games in this genre that tackled adult, mature and shady acts (the whole genre is based around stealing and brekaing in, think about it). What Gods Will Be Watching does that is different is the team effort, if you ever played Sega’s Flesh Feast on PC or any other game that required a certain number of team mates survive the levels, and losing team mates hurt you later on, then you know what to expect here.
The story is based around a space exploration team that is stranded and apparently in deep deep trouble (think Farscape for fun). Moral challenges that you will face while playing Gods Will Be Watching include dealing with despair, commitment and sacrifice though we are not sure how far these dilemmas will go- based on the video quite far.
Gods Will Be Watching by Devolver Digital
Platform: PC and mobile (iOS and Android presumably)
Rated: Pretty sure Mature at the minimum on this one
Available in Spring 2014
- Translation: Paris-Dakar Rally Special Now Available in English (47.3%)
- Revenge of the License: Parasite Eve (47.3%)
- Kickstarter: Thimbleweed Park Coming from Maniac Mansion Creators (5.3%)
- Bandit Gaming- Danger Mouse to Make a Return to Gaming on the Commodore Amiga (5.3%)
- New Game: Faye King- Jungle Jeopardy, New Point and Click Adventure, To Release in January 2015 (5.3%)
- SSI Gold Box D&D Veterans Return to their Roots with Tactical Simulations Interactive (RANDOM - 0.6%)