This is a series that is similar to how Fire Emblem was handled, North American gamers didn’t get a taste till the early 2000’s. Fire Emblem came over on the Game Boy Advance for the first time while gamers on this side of the pond had to wait for Sega’s ill-fated Dreamcast to receive an official Record of Lodoss War game. Now, thanks to fans, the Super Famicom version of Record of Lodoss War is available in English.
This being a title from the mid 90’s means that anyone that is familiar with Record of Lodoss War on the Dreamcast will be in for a rude awakening. This Super Nintendo version has more in common with Final Fantasy Tactics and Tactics Ogre than it does with Diablo or Legend of Zelda.
Battles are turn based, angled view, affairs. Very reminiscent of Tactics Ogre and similar strategy titles with grid based battles. This is definitely a title that could not be properly enjoyed without this patch and therefore is an awesome title to see released.
We cannot link directly to the game file since it is not freeware but the patch is, head over to Dynamic Designs to grab the patch.
Fan translations will be featured in the second issue of Retro Gaming Magazine, coming in April. Pre-orders are now open.
- Fan Translation: Chaos Seed for Super Nintendo Released (100%)
- Fan Translation: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Released for Super Nintendo (6.9%)
- Retro Gaming Magazine #2 Preview and Cover Reveal (6.9%)
- Fan Translation- Uncensored Earthbound Released in English for Super Nintendo (6.9%)
- Silent Hill Visual Novel Hits Sega Genesis (4.8%)
- OpenBOR: Power Rangers- Beats of Power Released (RANDOM - 2.1%)