Shenmue was on of those games that gamers either loved or didn’t understand. It was also one of the titles that Dreamcast owners could point at and thumb their noses at everyone else because there really was nothing else like it on the market. Sadly, Shenmue 1 was to be a lonely single release in North America, at least on Dreamcast. Shenmue II was evenutally released on the (to some) Dreamcast spiritual successor, the Xbox.
Due to there not being a North American version planned, there was no English version of the second title created (at least voice wise). In Europe there is a Shenmue II on Dreamcast but it features Japanese voices with French, Spanish and English subtitles. The Xbox version that did reach North American shores features the, nearly complete, cast of voice actors/actresses from the original title.
This fan work pulls the audio from the North American Xbox version of Shenmue II, downsamples it and puts it in a bootable format for play on the Sega Dreamcast.
This fan translation offers English voices and even a region selection (NTSC or PAL). Since this is a commercial title, we cannot provide a download link directly to it. We also cannot link to the patch considering there is not one available.
- New Game: Defender of the Crown on Commodore Amiga Returns to iTunes App Store (30.6%)
- New Game: Vectrex Receives Two Christmas Themed Games (30.6%)
- Today in History: December 8th, 2004- Viewtiful Joe 2 Snubs Xbox and Lands on Sony Hardware (12.5%)
- Fans Plan to Release Phantasy Star Online 2, Sega Silent on Matter (12.5%)
- Sonic the Hedgehog Statue by First 4 Figures Coming in 2015 (12.5%)
- Remake: Gauntlet to See Updated Release on Steam this Month (RANDOM - 0.6%)