Shenmue was on of those games that gamers either loved or didn’t understand. It was also one of the titles that Dreamcast owners could point at and thumb their noses at everyone else because there really was nothing else like it on the market. Sadly, Shenmue 1 was to be a lonely single release in North America, at least on Dreamcast. Shenmue II was evenutally released on the (to some) Dreamcast spiritual successor, the Xbox.
Due to there not being a North American version planned, there was no English version of the second title created (at least voice wise). In Europe there is a Shenmue II on Dreamcast but it features Japanese voices with French, Spanish and English subtitles. The Xbox version that did reach North American shores features the, nearly complete, cast of voice actors/actresses from the original title.
This fan work pulls the audio from the North American Xbox version of Shenmue II, downsamples it and puts it in a bootable format for play on the Sega Dreamcast.
This fan translation offers English voices and even a region selection (NTSC or PAL). Since this is a commercial title, we cannot provide a download link directly to it. We also cannot link to the patch considering there is not one available.
- Today in History: December 8th, 2004- Viewtiful Joe 2 Snubs Xbox and Lands on Sony Hardware (60.1%)
- Bandit Gaming: Resident Evil 2 GBA Tech Demo Released (59.9%)
- New Game: Mysterious Song II: Eternal Silence Announced for Turbo Grafx-16/PC-Engine CD-ROM (59.5%)
- New Game: Primal Rage II Arcade Found and Made Available to Gamers (36.8%)
- Survive the Dead in House of the Dead 2 on Sega Dreamcast - Today in History - September 9th, 1999 (33.2%)
- Update: Elysian Shadows Development Kit To Be Publicly Available (RANDOM - 5.6%)