Alone in the Dark was one of those titles that had to be seen to be believed, and many that saw it, bought it. The game was just so different versus what was available at the time. For the first time, it was actually like walking around a deserted mansion fending off unspeakable horrors that have invaded. This was no side scrolling, or over head, title like had seen so many titles through in the past, and afterwards. This was actually controlling a character and seeing their environment around them in 3D.
Discovered on the Retro Video Gamer forums, Dream in the Dark is the labor of love of a Dreamcast fan wanting to see Alone in the Dark available for Sega’s “defunct” hardware. The only other console hardware that got the original Alone in the Dark was the 3DO. This makes Dream in the Dark quite a special release, besides just being cool as hell.
This is port is using the original engine, disassembling it and reworking it within the confines of the Dreamcast hardware (and fixing a few bugs along the way). Coder Corbyn, from the Dreamcast-Talk.com forums, is handling the port and repairs of the original code. Head over, say hi and check out the progress being made.
- New Game: Alone in the Dark hits iOS (30.1%)
- Resident Evil Minimalistic Would Look Like White Night (29.4%)
- Cadàveriön, A New ZX Spectrum Title By the Mojon Twins Released (29.3%)
- Slowly Take on Zombie Gunslingers in Alone in the Dark 3 for DOS – Today in History – March 16th, 1995 (27.9%)
- New Game: Boulder Dash for Intellivision (23%)
- New Game: Magic Girl for Sega Genesis (RANDOM - 0.2%)