F-Zero fans love this series for a reason, it is fun and different versus other racing games out there. Thanks to the hard work of Philippe Brodier, fan hacker, gamers can now enjoy the tracks from the Japanese exclusive Game Boy Advance title, F-Zero Climax. This feat has been done using the Nintendo 64 version of F-Zero X.
Fan action such as this is what makes old games that have been played to death almost new again, at least different and worth another look by the community. Regardless of how you feel about “hacks” and the legal implications of them, they can be pretty cool, such as this one.
A lot of work has gone into this port as the original source material is 2D using Mode 7 for a 3D effect and the final product is full on 3D. Philippe didn’t stop with simply porting ove the tracks, he also updated the graphical interface, play mechanics that effect the racer handling and the fact that he went as far as ensuring it is playable on actual hardware is just cool as hell.
- Kickstarter: Quantum Rush- Champions Looks to Recreate that WipeOut Experience (50.4%)
- F-Zero Being Ported to Sega Genesis as G-Zero (21.3%)
- Fan Translation: Mappy Kids on the Nintendo Entertainment System (21.1%)
- Fan Translation: Treasures of Elnark (Elnark no Zaihou in Japan) Now Available in English for NES (20.8%)
- Fan Translation: Sansara Naga on the Nintendo Entertainment System Released (20%)
- Kickstarter: Night Trap Revamped, it is Full Motion Video and it is Pretty Cool, Seeks Funding (RANDOM - 0.8%)