Thousand Arms is a role playing/dating sim that charmed its way onto the North American shores on October 13th, 1999. Thousand Arms is recognized as the first legitimate dating sim to break into the mainstream gaming market in North America. Mixing dating simulation with role playing trappings was probably the best combination of both worlds.
While Thousand Arms is not the first RPG to mix, at least some, basic dating elements (Phantasy Star III anyone?) it is the first to take it to this level of depth. There was not much bad press about Thousand Arms when it was released (I remember reading about it in an old issue of Gamefan, myself) where it was lauded as different and fun.
Today, we salute Atlus for trying something different and unique, and taking one hell of a chance with their future in doing so. Thank you.
- Customization Rocks PSOne in Gran Turismo: Today in History- May 5th, 1998 (51.2%)
- Coerce Demons to Aid Your Efforts in Persona 2: Eternal Punishment on Sony Playstation – Today in History – March 11th 2000 (42.9%)
- Retro Gaming Halloween Style, Part Six: Hellnight (42.1%)
- Today in History: October 27th, 1992 - BlaZeon: The Bio-Cyborg Challenge Transforms SNES Shooters (40.3%)
- New Game: Oolite Plans to Introduce Newer Gamers to Elite Style Space Exploration (40.3%)
- New Game: Chief Chef for the Odyssey 2 Released for Free (RANDOM - 2.5%)