The classic arcade shooter from yesteryear, Ikaruga, could be hitting Steam soon. Currently, Ikaruga is sitting in the Steam Greenlight area and awaiting fan support to push it over and into the store for purchase.
Fans may remember this arcade title hit the Sega Dreamcast (Japan only) and the Nintendo Gamecube (this one we got in America). This is the first time that Ikaruga would be available on PC though- a platform many would argue is more suited for these types of shooters due to being able to turn a monitor on its side easier than an HDTV.
Ikaruga, for those not in the know, is an overhead shooting title that rocked many a gamer with challenge and interesting enemy design/destruction. If you were not impressed with Ikaruga, maybe you should check your pulse. Now, possibly, more gamers will get to enjoy it if it passes the Steam Greenlight challenge.
- Bandit Gaming: Ikaruga Ported to the Texas Instruments TI-83 Graphing Calculator (52.5%)
- New Game: Dokingan Reminds PC Gamers What Bullet Hell Shooters are like (51.2%)
- Thunder Force II Brings Arcade Quality Scrolling Shooter Action to Sega Genesis - Today in History - August 14, 1989 (29.6%)
- Today in History: October 27th, 1992 - BlaZeon: The Bio-Cyborg Challenge Transforms SNES Shooters (22.6%)
- R-Type II II Now Available on Android Thanks to DotEmu (22%)
- Game Hack- Super Mario Bros: Modern Classic Edition Updates Retro Classic NES Title (RANDOM - 0.6%)