The classic arcade shooter from yesteryear, Ikaruga, could be hitting Steam soon. Currently, Ikaruga is sitting in the Steam Greenlight area and awaiting fan support to push it over and into the store for purchase.
Fans may remember this arcade title hit the Sega Dreamcast (Japan only) and the Nintendo Gamecube (this one we got in America). This is the first time that Ikaruga would be available on PC though- a platform many would argue is more suited for these types of shooters due to being able to turn a monitor on its side easier than an HDTV.
Ikaruga, for those not in the know, is an overhead shooting title that rocked many a gamer with challenge and interesting enemy design/destruction. If you were not impressed with Ikaruga, maybe you should check your pulse. Now, possibly, more gamers will get to enjoy it if it passes the Steam Greenlight challenge.
- Thunder Force II Brings Arcade Quality Scrolling Shooter Action to Sega Genesis - Today in History - August 14, 1989 (46.1%)
- New Game: Flying Hamster II For Windows (34.6%)
- Kickstarting 8-Bit Action Adventures with Insanity's Blade from Casual Bit Games (34.3%)
- New Game: Super Tank Wars Coming to PC, Steam, Desura and Linux (34.3%)
- Kickstarter: GunWorld Seeks to Bring 8-Bit Style Action to Steam and Windows Gamers (33.7%)
- Game Hack: New Super Mario Bros Origins on Nintendo DS (RANDOM - 3.2%)