The Atari Lynx was one of the systems to die at the feet of the venerable Nintendo Game Boy (as chronicled here). The Lynx was released during a time that Atari was coming off the slow demise of the Atari 7800 (another system they handled extremely badly). This should have left Atari open to focus but they found ways to screw that up.
One of the most notable ways Atari botched the Lynx was in the amount of titles they actually released (it was paltry by many standards and extremely lacking in important categories). This has not stopped the home coding community from taking on the challenge of releasing new titles for the Lynx – such as coder LX.net and his port of Hack, Slash, Loot (with full support of the original copyright owner).
There is no current release date for Hack, Slash, Loot on the Atari Lynx yet. Interested fans can follow the development at AtariLynxDeveloper.
Special thanks to Retrocollect for the original news article.
- Unreleased: Overstorm for the Game Boy Advance Found (19.6%)
- Candelabra: Estoscerro Homebrew Title Coming to NES (18%)
- New Game: Rogue's Tale for Android (16.9%)
- OpenBOR: Marvel First Alliance 2 Released (16.9%)
- Cadàveriön, A New ZX Spectrum Title By the Mojon Twins Released (15.7%)
- Update: Spunky's Super Car for Colecovision Receives New Trailer (RANDOM - 0.7%)